Alright, I know it is already a week into the new month but since I was on hiatus last week and needed to comment on the hiatus yesterday, I am finally getting around to lifting up the meaningful aspects of last month. So here is my list:
- Enjoyed a wonderful day spent with one of my life and career mentors.
- Spent time laughing and sharing with a close friend.
- Attended a high school jazz band competition and heard some excellent musicians.
- Gathered with some close friends and confidants to discuss a new concept.
- Joined colleagues and friends in celebrating Christmas a few weeks before Christmas. Had some great food also!
- Had lunch with a colleague and new friend and did some dreaming.
- Attended an Iowa Men’s Basketball game and enjoyed a great victory.
- Gathered with family and friends to celebrate Christmas Eve and experience great joy and laughter.
- Had an awesome vacation.
As I reflect on these meaningful aspects of last month, I notice that a majority involve relationships and wonderful people. This is a thought that I will carry with me into this new month and new year. The true meaning in life is found in those people who the Lord places in your life.